January 15, 2013

Herb Chicken

Things have been crazy lately. With traveling, the holidays, and work, I can barely find time to cook! Luckily, this delicious chicken recipe saved me the other night when I was desperate for something quick and delicious. Here's to a healthy and happy new year =)



Ingredients:
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 T dried thyme
1 T dried oregano
salt & pepper
olive oil

Directions:
outdoor grill - heat to medium heat.
grill pan - heat over medium heat until pan is hot.
pound the chicken with the flat end of a meat tenderizer until 1/2 inch thick.
brush the chicken with olive oil.
season the chicken with the dried herbs, salt & pepper.
cook chicken ~ 10 minutes per side or until juices run clear.


tips & extras:

Grill pan - See Le Creuset's tips for caring for cast iron. Most people will tell you to not grease a grill pan but to grease the meat itself. I sometimes grease the pan, but it makes cleanup a bit difficult. 

Sides - I served this with pasta and spaghetti sauce (prego is my favorite store-bought sauce). I added some cherry tomatoes I had laying around. Chicken with pasta and tomato sauce is a perfect bite.



No comments:

Post a Comment